Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Easily grossed out...not so easily grossed out

I watched the Business of Being Born last night. I felt like my response to the movie was varied. I was, naturally, happy to have my choice of birthing center over hospital validated, even if the birthing center is on the grounds of the hospital. Hey, I get the best of both worlds! I was inspired by the women who powered through the pain, even though I am not really looking forward to experiencing that pain for myself. And I was totally grossed out by all the heads coming out of vaginas.

Seriously. Whereas my darling husband was quite enthusiastic about the film, stating that it gave him a new perspective on the birthing process, I couldn't stop cringing whenever the birthing women's bodies made squishy noises.

I'm well aware that there are people out there who totally dig on the whole miracle of life bit. Indeed, life is a miracle! But unlike my mother -- who appreciated pregnancy because it gave her a new insight into what her body was capable of -- I think that having a living human being growing inside my pelvis is kind of...oh, I don't know. Alienesque? That's not to say I'm not entirely pleased about being preggers, because I am. I am! I don't, however, feel the need to revel in the sore teetons, the gut that I'm developing, or the nausea.

Or, I guess, the noises, the pain, and the goo that comes out along with the baby. I will give a bite of cooked placenta a try if the hub is serious about wanting to fry it up in a pan. Why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...