Saturday, September 6, 2008

Sick, but not really sick

The worst part of being sick when you're knocked up is that no one has any real sympathy to share. When you have the flu or shingles or strep throat, people drag out some real empathy. When you have all-day morning sickness, the only thing people drag out is their delight. Seriously, it happens like this:

THEM: How are you feeling?

YOU: Ugh. Like crap. Tired. Nauseous. Dizzy.

THEM: That's great!

YOU: Wait... *blinks* Wha?

THEM: It means you have a healthy baby in you, so even though it stinks that you feel crappy, it's great to hear! Yay!

YOU: Eat poop and die.

Next time someone asks me how I'm feeling and is pleased with my first answer, I'm going to edit myself and tell them I feel like punching someone in the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...