Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Third Appointment

I had my third pre-natal exam tonight, and I thought I'd share the highlights for those who are curious.
  • We heard the baby's heartbeat again, and this time the hub recorded it so we could make an mp3 to send to the grandparents and post to the Internet.
  • I've gained 12 pounds since becoming pregnant, topping off thus far at a curvaceous 136. The midwife says this is A-OK. I'm hoping my gains slow a touch, as I've put on 6 pounds in the last month -- though I do think most of it is due to eating my way through the weekend.
  • We decided to take the triple screen test (I forget what it's called) so I'm all set to go to the blood lab tomorrow.
  • I should, with any luck, be having my ultrasound on October 30. Cross your fingers that the hub can take a half day and see babby. There's a good chance that my mom will come up from New York that day so she can see babby, too. No matter what, *I* get to see babby. If babby cooperates, we'll be able to see its junk and find out what variety of babby it is.
In other non-babby news, I really want to eat this.

2 comments:

  1. You know, I wanted to record the heartbeat sound so badly during each of my many ultrasound appointments. Unfortunately I had a memory like a sinking ship and forgot my digital audio recorder every single time. Now I think about recording all of the goofy little noises - like his dream sounds - that Everett makes. But I can't see a real purpose in it past momentary amusement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have relatives far away? Grandparents and beloved aunties love that sort of thing. At least mine do!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...