Monday, October 20, 2008

The Ultrasound Is Coming

Not feeling sick anymore is a boon, though it's weird, too, because I frequently forget that I'm pregnant. Later on, when my hard little belly bump is no longer so little, I'm sure forgetting about the babby won't be an issue. For now, it's just annoying to find that I'm unbuttoning my jeans if I have to sit in front of the computer for long periods of time. I do have maternity pants, but as of right now, they just seem so darned huge. Stretchy skirts, I'm thinking, will be my salvation in the interim period.

In somewhat less than a week, I'll be going in for an ultrasound. I really should not have read the Boston Globe story about the woman who had the late-term abortion. It was rather heartbreaking reading about how she was excitedly asking the ultrasound tech whether she could tell if it was a boy or a girl, and the tech just evaded her questions with a grim expression on her face. I'd really like it if everything looks fine and no amnio is required. Giganto needle? No thanks!

My mamman is coming up for the ultrasound, which means a nice breakfast out beforehand or perhaps after. No one told me I couldn't eat beforehand.

2 comments:

  1. You can eat. It might even get baby moving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goooood. I'm not a happy camper when I haven't had my breakfast. One of the girls in my pre-natal fitness class (who is due in two weeks!) suggested drinking OJ because the sugar and the cold will make babby dance.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...