Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Brief Recap of My 24-Week Pre-Natal Appointment

  • Instead of gaining any weight in the last four weeks, I actually lost a pound. Paloma, on the other hand, has grown, which means that my -- as an autonomous human being -- overall weight loss was probably more than just one pound. Oops.
  • I was measured, and my uterus now tops out at about two inches above my belly button. At my first appointment, it was located some two inches below my belly button. I kind of feel sorry for my guts, as they must be getting quite squished at this point.
  • Paloma still has a good strong heartbeat... a fact I find less than surprising, considering I'm the one she spends all day kicking.
  • I got a flu shot, even though I've never actually had the flu. Getting an injection is always easier when the hub is there to distract me, though I have to say that Eva has the skizzles to pay the bizzles when it comes to vaccinations.
  • As usual, I was asked "Are you eating every few hours?" Yes. "Are you getting plenty of protein from dairy and beans and nut butter?" Yes. "Do you feel good?" Yes. Etc., etc.
  • Finally, we talked about my upcoming 28-week glucose test, where I will drink orange syrup before getting yet another blood test. Apparently gestational diabetes has less to do with what one eats and more to do with a predisposition toward diabetes, which is a good thing, considering how much Paloma likes her sweets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...