Sunday, December 21, 2008

TMI, Now With More Veiled References to Body Parts

When it came to physical side effects of pregnancy, there was one I really didn't want. There were the ones I was not looking forward to -- weight gain, stretch marks, darkening of the facial skin, and embiggening of the boobs to name a few -- but there was one I just DID. NOT. WANT.

Yesterday I had a bit of a look at a certain area of my anatomy, and lo and behold, there's that thing I so very much did not want to have to deal with. It's icky and ugly and makes me cry into my soup like a silly girly woman even though most sources say it will go away no problem a few weeks after I give birth.

Yuck.

If you've ever wondered why pregnant women are always feeling gross and unsexy and fat when to your eyes they look glowy and beautiful, just remind yourself that parts of their anatomy are changing in interesting and disgusting ways. You may not be able to see all of the things that make them cry into their soup (because these things are usually hidden underneath clothing) but they are there, and it is no wonder they have an effect on the already hormonal psyche of the average pregnant woman.

The next time a pregnant lady of your acquaintance mentions that she's feeling gross, instead of trying to convince her how beautiful she looks, buy her a damned cake.

2 comments:

  1. If you're referring to what I think you're referring to..I feel your pain. Still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's rhoids, nope. I've had those before, but nothing serious, because something akin to IBS makes it so I can't poop so well.

    If it's something elsewhere on the anatomy, then maybe? Not painful, just uncomfortable and damaging to the self-esteem.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...