Friday, March 13, 2009

All About Babby

  • Today is Paloma's one month birthday! That's right, my preemie is a full four weeks old today or, as I like to think of it, negative two weeks old. When my due date rolls around, Paloma will officially be zero.

  • The Paloma baby had her third visit with the pediatrician on Thursday. She now weighs in at 5 lbs 8 oz, which is more than I weighed when I was born at full term. The pediatrician also remarked that she is getting stronger, which we already knew, as she is holding her head up quite a bit when we're trying to coax a burp out of her.
  • We're trying to transition Paloma to feed primarily from the breast, as breastfeeding exclusively would mean I don't have to do the breast-bottle-pump dance every three hours. Right now, feeding time feels like it lasts forever. We'd still bottle feed so Tedd can handle some of the mealtime duties, but I like to let him sleep through the 1 a.m. and 4 a.m. feedings. Right now, two feedings each day are breastfeeding only while the rest include a supplementary bottle of EBM with an added calorie booster.
  • Paloma has outgrown some of her preemie clothes already, though most still fit. When she's big enough to fit into newborn and 0-3 mo. sized outfits, we're going to donate her preemie clothes to the NICU.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...