Sunday, April 19, 2009

Breastfeeding, Easter, and a Smiling Baby

I don't want to jinx it, but Paloma has been eating really well these past few days since we decided to follow the MD's (and LC's) advice and nurse exclusively for a few days. I don't know if it was all the tips I received, the coaching from the LC, the encouragement offered by Paloma's pediatrician, or her own "coming of age" that has suddenly made breastfeeding less of a frustration trigger and more of a joy, but you won't hear me complaining! Please cross your fingers (or pray or press your thumbs or whatever) that she keeps breastfeeding so well and also gains weight while doing so. I think I'm going to go to the breastfeeding group at the hospital on Tuesday because I hear they can weigh her. Then I'll go again on the following Tuesday to see how her weight has changed.

HI!

Today is Easter for us Orthodox types, and the NY grandma were here visiting. Grandma Kate wanted to do a photo session with little Paloma, so we dressed her in a frock her Pop Pop bought before she was born. It was just a touch too big, being 3-6 mo. size, but it did the trick. Paloma is not quite sure how she feels about the trappings of the holiday. Luckily she has her parents to eat her candy for her.

IMG_0120

In other news, Paloma is engaging emotionally with her parents! Well, at least with her daddy.

A moment.

1 comment:

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...