Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Not Quite Sleeping Through the Night

Today Paloma was an eating machine. For most of the day, she wanted to breastfeed every hour. Between three and five, she was gunning for the breast even more frequently, leading to a pukesplosion that luckily coincided with my holding a burp cloth directly up to her mouth. The sole reason that this overwhelming need to nurse and nurse and nurse did not drive me out of my mind is that Paloma only woke up once to eat during last night, and it was Tedd who got up to feed her with a bottle, not me. Ah, sleep, how I love thee.

P1020972

Nonetheless, I skipped going to the mom's group (and the post-group lunch) at the hospital today in favor of both sleeping more and knocking some things off of my to-do list while Paloma slept in the Bjorn. After that, I got my usual amount of almost nothing at all done because Paloma either wanted attention or was being forced to endure tummy time while analyzed the curvature of her neck. Lately we've wondered if she favors a certain direction, but it's so hard to tell. Luckily, I have a date with the pedi office on Friday, so I can just have the doc check it out.

You might be wondering why I don't have anything to say about my very first Mother's Day. Let's just go with "It was a wash." Tedd learned that trying to do things while also watching the baby isn't exactly easy and has promised to be more helpful. I learned that I simply cannot keep hoping that my husband will one day actually surprise me with something nice on what he calls "Hallmark holidays." Oh well. I can buy my own presents if I am really so hard up for them.

2 comments:

  1. I am so envious of your breastfeeding experience. I really am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I never thought I'd hear anyone say THAT! It's been a huge struggle!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...