Friday, June 19, 2009

POOPSTRIKE ENDED

...and on the eight day, She pooped.

The nurse talked about defecation patterns. Well, the non-uppity nurse talked about defecation patterns. The nurse I spoke to yesterday had "Oh God!" in her voice as she asked me if my poop-free Paloma was vomiting or had a distended belly. Today's nurse had the foresight to ask if she'd done this before. The answer is yes, this is not Paloma's first poopstrike. The last one ended when we put her in her first pre-fold cloth diaper. This one ended as soon as we called the pediatrician's office to make a day-of appointment.

I was ready to put Paloma in a cloth diaper and dress her in her best clothes before setting her down in her carseat to go to that appointment. Thankfully, I didn't have to go that far. What we did have to do was give her Karo syrup orally, diddle her rectum with a Vaseline-covered thermometer, and put a infant glycerine suppository up her butthole. Desperate times call for desperate measures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...