Friday, September 25, 2009

Bros in Mourning: How Bottle-Feeding Mimics Wife Loss in Fathers' Brains

The legitimacy of the article Breasts in Mourning: How Bottle-Feeding Mimics Child Loss in Mothers' Brains aside, two of the comments cracked me up:

Jesse Bering neglected to mention that babies who are not breast fed believe that they are dead. The baby's body tells the baby's mind that if it were alive, then it would be getting breast milk. Instead, it is being clung to and carried like a nonhuman primate baby corpse -- which is a lot like a human baby corpse (the baby's body reasons).

I believe, and this is a bit speculative so bear with me, that bottle feeding may explain the popularity of Goth culture during the 70s & 80s. Further research may reveal that the Goths are actually bottle fed babies who never realized they were alive.

I think I just wrote an abstract for the next issue of Medical Hypothesis!

I just thought of another idea for an abstract to submit to Medical Hypotheses. It is called "Bros in Mourning: How Bottle-Feeding Mimics Wife Loss in Fathers' Brains." Here's a bit from the abstract I'm working on.

In evolutionary times, a mother naturally breast fed her children. Only if the mother died did the father have to take over feeding responsibilities. Ergo, when a man has to feed and care for his child, his body tells his brain that the mother of his child must have died.
Ha ha, love it!

1 comment:

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...