Friday, March 5, 2010

Confessions of a (Not So) Supermom

How can I take a picture that looks nothing like me?

I know I'm probably jinxing myself by posting this, but I wanted to share the two worst things that I've let happen to the babby. Oh, I've bonked her head against doorway molding and I even bit her fingers fairly hard once while we were playing a game of "Feed me." But those are the things that just sort of happen when you have an infant. No, my parenting sins boil down to not paying attention and, worse yet, border on the ridiculous. I hereby confess that I:
  • Looked over one day to find Paloma putting a piece of cat barf into her mouth. We have five cats, all right? We (okay, me) are nazis about keeping things clean, but sometimes the cats barf in dark corners that only a baby would find intriguing. I was too slow to get that piece of slimy kibble out of her maw.
  • Let an adhesive bandage slip unnoticed off of the finger of one of Paloma's little friends. I searched high and low for that damn band aid, but found nothing. Apparently, babby found it, because two days later I came across it when emptying a dookie-filled BumGenius into the toilet.
Er, pre-digested protein? And at least the band aid came out, right? Oddly enough, I don't have that motherly guilt about either of these things. Maybe because I saw my 10000000 sisters and brothers do all kinds of crazy stuff when they were small, so I just kind of expect that babies are going to eat icky but otherwise undeadly stuff before they finally stop putting everything in their mouths.

4 comments:

  1. Don't feel too bad...my nieces have eaten cat and dog food and human poop before! They are twins (I have twins myself) and one day when my sister-in-law was changing one of them, the other happened to get the diaper and dig in! My sister-in-law's reply to us about it "Well it could have been worse, she could have gotten it all over the house!" Lol! Somehow I think my child eating it is worse than having to clean it up!

    Stopping by from SITS!

    Oh...and I have so banged my son's head on the trim of the door also...I guess we just underestimate our width when holding kids on our hip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! That's the kind of truth that I love. Thanks for stopping by my site today. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep - just seems to go with a territory. It could definitely have been worse!

    Cheers SITStah! :-)
    Charlene
    The Balance Beam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! There's nothing like finding little gifts for you in their diapers. I've bonked my son's head trying to get him in his car seat. He just looks at me like, "What the heck, Mom?!" :)

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...