Monday, April 19, 2010

The BabbyMama Buys: Peter Rabbit Organics Squeezable Fruit

I need to send a big thanks to my local Starbucks, which saved my butt recently. Long story short: I drove to another town to try to pick up some toys for the Babby via Freecycle and the address was literally impossible to find. As in, the BabbyDaddy was on the phone with me looking at Google Maps telling me that the street I was looking for was right there. Nope, it wasn't. Street view was inaccurate - or maybe it was accurate but real life is inaccurate. Who knows. I drove in circles forever until I realized I was going to be super late to my appointment with the car seat guru at the fire department.

I'm crying because I hate being late and hate missing appointments and I hate getting lost and the toy giver in that other town was probably wondering why I never showed up. And the Babby was starving, ack.


Truth be told, horrible mama that I am, I stopped at the Starbucks because I had to pee SO BADLY and buying myself a fancy coffee was one way to do that. The Babby could probably wait, I thought. But while on the short line at the Starbucks I saw a basket of Peter Rabbit Organics Mango, Banana and Orange 100% Pure Fruit Snacks. Huh. I took a closer look, since I was familiar with baby food in a pouch and even thick drinks in pouches (which I used to buy in Chinatown, once upon a time). Peter Rabbit Organics Fruit Snacks can supposedly go into a kid's lunch box, but I'd buy 'em for a baby first. And I did buy one for the Babby there in the Starbucks because it's just organic fruit slurry, which is what I would have been feeding her at home, anyway.

Again, long story short: She loved it. I had a taste and it was yummy. It was also super easy to squeeze into her gaping maw, no spoon or bib required. And Babby having a snack meant we were able to wait for the car seat guru and make sure she'll be safe in the car from now on. While it would make more sense to have brought a pre-filled Boon Squirt with me, sometimes I forget the snacks. And Peter Rabbit Organics Fruit Snacks can be a lifesaver, even if you have to buy them on the go.

4 comments:

  1. Stopping by from SITS to say Happy Monday - those drinks sound like a great idea, I might try them with my daughter who will not eat fruit in any shape or form so anything is worth a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A kid who doesn't like fruit? Yipes! I'd say they're interesting enough to appeal to a kid who might not otherwise eat fruit. They have the novelty factor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. im a new follower. found you from sits. thanks for the review...i make my own baby food right now but i need something that i can take on the go for quick eating and this would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We make our baby food, too, Adriana. Usually, anyway. Just ordered a new super duper food processor, in fact. But I am such a ditz sometimes when it comes to remembering to bring food on the road!

    Oh, and I followed you back. Hendrix is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...