Sunday, April 25, 2010

What I'd Like for Mother's Day

I don't want to talk about my first Mother's Day. It's sufficient to say that it wasn't what I expected it would be, and that was rubbed in big time when all my mama friends told me all the wonderful things that happened to them on their first Mother's Days. Ah, well, that was almost a year ago, and I hadn't really thought about it until my mamman asked me if the Babbyfam wanted to come to New York for a vinyard tour or some such on Mother's Day weekend. As soon as she asked, my brain went "aargh, Mother's Day!" and some other part of my brain went "just shut up, okay?"

This year, I'm trying to make things easy on myself by not expecting anything good to happen on Mother's Day other than the usual good things like not being sick or having the house fall down on my head. But still, there's a part of me that would like one of these from Prolifique Jewelry. My desires will be thwarted by our spending freeze, which includes gifts for us but not gifts for others, even though it's a mere $29. That's right - there are plenty of expensive and fancy baby name pendants out there (think real gold all the way through), but I went for the cheap one (gold fill is good enough for thrifty ol' me).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...