Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Dear Babby:

I thought this morning's migraine was going to kill me. The BabbyDaddy must have thought I was a real flake, crying and moaning in bed from the moment I woke up. But oh, the pain, and the nausea that was worse than any I've felt in a while. I literally could hardly open my eyes. Today's headache didn't make a lot of sense, since I didn't overeat yesterday or have too many sweets and I had salad for dinner, so fiber was not lacking from my day's diet.

That having been said, one of my goals with this blog is to stick to positive topics as much as possible, so I'm not here to complain about my headache. Nope! I'm hear to say thanks, Babby, for being such a good little chick this morning.


Maybe you could sense my pain, or maybe it's just that my crying kind of scared you, but instead of asking for my attention you played quietly in the living room while I slipped in and out of consciousness on the couch. You even spent some time laying on the floor "reading," which was just adorable.

Then, when I finally did get up, with searing flames ripping through my brain, your tiny tantrum only lasted as long as my changing you - which admittedly took longer than it ought to have - and then you went to sleep, which gave me a chance to sleep, too. Ah, glorious sleep, sometimes the only migraine remedy that actually makes a difference.

And when you woke up, you were happy and sweet and generally psyched about having blueberries and sweet naan, and still you played near me but weren't overly demanding on my time. That gave me a chance to continue laying on the couch with my arm draped over my eyes until the last twinges of my migraine flowed out of me.

Now, at 5ish, you're not exactly napping, but you're not exactly crying either, and I'm taking this break in the hope that the cloud in my head will go the way of the migraine. Might happen, but probably not. Still, you were exactly the kind of baby I needed today, and for that I am infinitely grateful.

I love you lots!

3 comments:

  1. That is really sweet, and I hope your migraine got better. Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing your views re the vaccine subject, I really appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the migraine...they suck! I get them when my body is too acidic. Not to get all Dr. Oz, but have you tried drinking some ACV?
    Sweet Babby is getting to be a big girl playing my herself and all...lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Melissa You're very welcome - it was interesting reading so many different perspectives!

    @Teresha I haven't tried ACV - what is it? I'm happy to try almost anything when I get a migraine!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...