Monday, August 16, 2010

Worst. Night. Ever. Do Not Want Repeat.

Do we know how lucky we are (or should I say have been) when it comes to sleeping and to teething? Yes, we know. I have friends who have been wakened multiple times each night since their babies were born, and those babies are now potty trained. I thank my luck stars each morning when I wake up after a night of uninterrupted slumber.

So how did I end up awake from 1 a.m. on - as in all the way until morning - this past weekend? Is it molars? Was the Babby still slightly feverish? Was it *gasp* the slight change in her routine? Because we are flying to Florida tomorrow and I really don't want to spend another night awake with a baby who goes from snoozing to crying to back again, over and over, all night long.

3 comments:

  1. I'm just going to hope, for your sake, that her schedule is so messed up that when you travel, it will be perfectly in sync with when you need her to sleep!

    Not sure how you feel about drugs, but a little Tylenol for pain never hurt any of my kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are very lucky. we are still waking up for 2 am feedings. it's not so bad except for the dew occasions she won't go back to sleep. that is hell. I will be sending sleepy time dust your way. have fun in FLA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Courtney Oh, we rock the Tylenol as needed. I think I'd be out of my mind by now if we hadn't!

    @Teresha Thanks! She's loving seeing the fam so far... it's like a house full of people who want to do nothing more than direct all their attention at Babby! WRT that last nighttime feeding, I never really minded it until I started getting a whole night's sleep. If she wakes up in the middle of the night now, I'm all GRUMBLE GRUMBLE.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...