Sunday, September 12, 2010

10 Big Kid Things the Babby Can Do

The Babby had the BabbyDaddy in tears - the sweet kind - the other day when he asked "Are you a baby or are you a kid?" Up until that day, the Babby would always point to herself and answer "Baby!" But on that day, she pointed to herself and responded with "Kid!"

And it's true - the Babby is becoming more of a kid every day. All of her minor milestones get incorporated into our lives so gradually that it's hard to remember that they add up, and fast! Nowadays, the Babby can:
  • Say 'I love you, papa!' or just 'I love you!'
  • Run pretty darn fast
  • Go down the curvy slide at the playground all by herself
  • Climb some of the scarier playground equipment
  • Take off her shirt
  • Use the word please pretty consistently
  • Play quietly in her crib after naptime so mama can work a little
  • Walk all the way to the park or around the block
  • Brush her teeth (with some little assistance from us)
  • Use a big girl sippy
And there's more, of course, but I'm supposed to be working, not writing this list. It's just crazy to even contemplate! I remember once someone saying that the difference between a 12-month-old and a 15-month-old is huge. I'd add that the difference between a 15-month-old and a 19-month-old is even bigger! And then when I see the two-year-olds at the playground jumping off of equipment... my heart just stops. We're going to be there in the blink of an eye.

It's so much clearer to me now how people can watch their almost grown offspring heading off to college and think that it was only just yesterday that they had their first day of kindergarten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...