Monday, March 14, 2011

One of Those Days In So Many Ways


All kinds of funny that the captcha word on a comment I just now left on someone else's blog was crying since I've been doing a lot of that today.

Not at work, mind. I had a strategy for dealing with *that*. The meanest strategy in the world, actually, which was simply to do my best to NOT think of the Babby AT ALL. Aren't I just a big ol' meanie? But it worked. After I did what I was asked to do when I first got in and went out for 'lunch' (in quotes because all I did was walk up and down the street, too too sad to eat), I said to my boss: "Whatever is next, let's hit it." Which was code for: "Please, please do not give me a moment to think about what I am missing or I will literally die of sadness in my desk chair."

No, today all my crying has been reserved for the coffee maker overflowing because I forgot to put the pot underneath and one of the cats tossing his cookies on my ergonomic keyboard and the BabbyDaddy burning himself when he cleaned up the mess the coffee maker had made and the same darn cat peeing on the laundry and trailing cheese omelet all over when I didn't notice it all over the bottom of my right shoe and oh my gosh just plain everything else but work.

Maybe this is God's weird way of trying to distract me from my troubles? By, you know, giving me more and different troubles. Which would make sense, since now that things have calmed down, I am all kinds of weepy again. I truly do not like my life right now. Nope nope nope.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you're having a rough time... I've been thinking about you and praying that things will feel better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the bad day.

    It must be easy to look on the bright side with a cute little one in polka dots running around. What a cheerful little photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Courtney Thank you so much for your prayers. I've been praying, too, but I'm not sure what the answer is yet!

    @Florida Girl It sure does help to have a cute little chick when I'm not at work. Still wish I could spend more time with her, though. Maybe in a year or so!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...