Friday, May 20, 2011

The BabbyMama Buys: The Calin Bleu Wrap

Or maybe that should be toddlerwearing instead of babywearing? Is that a thing? ::checks Google:: Yes, it is a thing! I had supposed that our babywearing/toddlerwearing experiences were unusual since the Babby hasn't turned into a great big toddler yet, but apparently even some of the mamas and papas with those great big toddlers aren't afraid to keep wearing them, and wearing them in wraps!

Our wrap, a pretty green Calin Bleu wrap that's woven not stretchy, has lived in our coat closet for the winter, but I decided to break it out last weekend. Mainly because as I was driving along one day, I realized I couldn't remember how to wrap it. Luckily, when the Babby sat down on the center line, muscle memory took over and we got it more or less right. Voila! Toddlerwearing!


babywearing

There's us, rocking the Calin Bleu wrap after, well, years now. Definitely one of the best purchases we've made, along with our Quinny Zapp and Quinny Buzz strollers and the Tripp Trapp. 

Every now and then, a fancy structured carrier will come up on Freecycle and I'll be tempted to snap it up, but we don't hike. Or I'll see a great deal on another carrier, but honestly, I don't practice toddlerwearing *that* much, so my wrap gets the job done in a pinch. It's as comfortable as any other babywearing or toddlerwearing device - but unlike other carriers, it can be used as a blanket or scarf in a pinch. And unlike certain other carriers made of jersey material, it does not come loose or stretch out.

There really is nothing quite like doing what you have to do with a toddler on your back!

8 comments:

  1. What a sweet picture! I just loved carrying my babies. :) They are too big to carry now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figure I should enjoy it while I can :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that picture! How adorable. Your little monkey on your back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny you should say that, Kristy! The Babby has always been kind of clingy and kind of climby, so I sometimes call her my little spider monkey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just came back from a trip to Disney World and I wore my Cad everyday for a good portion of the day and while waiting in line. It's an opportunity that I will savor as long as my body can handle him, but I am sad to say I know it doesn't last forever. Love the picture of you and your sweetie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Erin! And glad to read you had such a wonderful time at Disney! I'm looking forward to our first trip with the Babby :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to wear my DD up until she was 3 in my Ergo. Now that I have a new baby I'm looking forward to wearing him around.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're welcome, Anjie! I definitely miss the ease that came with wearing the Babby when she was teeny tiny. Two different animals, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...