Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Black Chair or See, I'm Still Here Doing Stuff

We got this super ancient chair that's built like a brick after a neighbor down the street died or defaulted or something and a bunch of old junk ended up on the curb. The chair was too good to pass up. Seriously, the really do not make some things like they used to. Like furniture. Only problem with this chair? It was nasty. Took me a while to clean it, first of all. And then things got busy for about a year. I'm pretty sure we picked this chair up before the Babby was even capable of sitting in a chair this big.

refinishing furniture
I finally got sick of seeing it doing nothing in the basement a while back and painted it black. Then months later I slapped on some craft paper with my good old Mod Podge. And finally, last week, I started on phase three, which was painting the seat. Now it's done, and the Babby loves it. Yay! The final piece of the puzzle is doing something to her little blue table with spray paint and cotton so it matches the rest of her room. In a few weeks? Months? Who knows! Not now, that's for sure.

6 comments:

  1. I. Love. It. I'm infatuated with that trellis pattern, and the colors are very cool. Wish I had a chair like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, ladies! And Carrie, you can thank discount craft paper for the trellis pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this chair...great job! Also wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Lindsay! I'll be stopping by again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photos of your children are adorable. Hope you will send some to my website, a contest for cute or funny photos.

    www.FunnyPhotosContest.com. Submit CUTE or FUNNY photos and tell friends to vote. $2,000 in prizes. No entry fee.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...