Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day: A Short Review in Pictures

Three Mother's Days into motherhood, I think the BabbyDaddy has gotten the hang of it, and there will only be a few more years of Mother's Day being something that's on his plate, anyway. I don't really want to go into detail, but my first Mother's Day left a lot to be desired. Which, I suppose is why the following year, the BabbyDaddy sprung for pottery lessons - a gift I was initially skeptical of, but have come to love. 

Obviously, since I'm still taking pottery now, and have even produced a handful of useful things like ice cream dishes and mugs.

This Mother's Day? The BabbyDaddy surprised me with a picnic and a trip to the deCordova Sculpture Park (a treat for me, but also for the Babby since there was plenty of space to run around and pretty much nothing to break). I've been wanting to go to the sculpture park for a while now, so it really was an extra thoughtful outing for the BabbyDaddy to have planned - and it didn't hurt that he'd also gone secret shopping for all sorts of nice things to eat!
mother's day picnic
The Babby had an excellent time walking among the art - and touching it all, which is something you don't often get a chance to do and part of the reason I haven't brought her to the Peabody Essex museum more times. Hello, priceless Asian vase at toddler grab level! It's just one of those things. Would I like to spend more time experiencing art? Sure, but I think it's pretty unfair to bring the Babby to museums with lots of interesting things only to have to spend the whole time chasing her around, explaining why she can't touch this or this or this. That is NOT a fun day for a toddler.
mother's day in the sculpture garden
The dark spots of the day were minor: toddler grumpiness due to interrupted sleep schedules, a brief light rain, some clouds, and a mustard related incident that was really no big deal. So, all in all, a very happy third Mother's Day for me. Relaxing, even, though of course I did work a bit. Of course.
mother's day presents

5 comments:

  1. I love it! What a great park. You've got a good husband, but you already know that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last picture! And I took my class of eight year olds to an art museum where priceless vases were left out and one of my students knocked it over. Shame and embarrassment and wonderment at the audacity of leaving art around to be knocked over are the feelings that I experienced all in one moment.
    I'm so glad you had a good Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kristy I sure do! And it is a great park - there's a museum, as well. Hope to hit that soon! Hope your Mother's Day was great!

    @gin Oh my gosh, I would have wet my pants! Hope you had a great Mother's Day, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BabbyDaddy just made me swoon. Love the pics! Your photos are always so slice of life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee! Thanks! I like photography when it's pictures of people. Wish I had a better camera, but then I don't want to give up the portability of something I can stash in my pocket.

    Anyone have any ideas?

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...