Friday, June 10, 2011

Some of the BabbyFamily's Favorite Things

So many of my posts lately have been total downers. *I* know I need to stick my chin in the air and grin and bear it, but *you* know it's not always easy! Once you start seeing the shadow side, it gets harder and harder to remember that there wouldn't be a shadow if there wasn't a light shining somewhere. I've been kind of stuck lately and not much fun and furthermore not that nice for the BabbyDaddy and the Babby to be around. And that's just not cool.

The BabbyDaddy is, of course, a grownup person who knows that even if I'm a grump one day I'll be smiling the next, but what does the Babby know about any of that? Nothing, that's what.

And with that simple thought in mind, I have been making a really strong effort to get out of my mental slump in order to embrace life again. Part of that is just taking time to make things beautiful and to enjoy the beauty around me the same way I did without even thinking about it most summer days before I went back to work. Is it easy? Heck, no. Is it working? A little bit at a time, yes. A few days ago I came home from work at lunchtime and stretched out on the couch with a book - sure, that lasted all of 15 minutes because the whole reason I was home was to deal with diapers and dishes, but it's a start!

What else am I doing? Trying to remember and bask in all the things that make me happy and all the family's favorite things. Stuff like:

Long walks:

walking family


The beach:

toddlers beach



Making stuff:

pottery class


Riding bikes:

toddler bike seat


Being silly:

sculpture park museum


Toys:

toddler play slide


The zoo:

Stone Zoo


Vegetarian food:

vegetarian toddlers


Cake!

rainbow cake


2 comments:

  1. Kids and cake do make everything better

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't argue with that, Teresha! It's what's called perfect logic!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...