Friday, August 26, 2011

In Which I Overshare About Lady Part Issues and Other Fun Stuff

I am in a foul mood today. True story.

Which in a way is good because being in a truly foul mood is usually a sign that my period is on the way. And it better be, since I am officially "late" and, honey, I am never late. Pregnancy test said NOT PREGNANT, which is also is a good thing since I have a copper IUD and don't relish the idea of another miscarriage that would likely occur after some weeks or months of ridiculously high-risk/bad-outcome-expected prenatal care.

So, hey, if my uterus is reading this: LET'S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD, MMMKAY?



missed period IUD


In other news, I am also in a foul mood because things are changing at work and not entirely for the better. I had a really too open and honest chat with the bossman about the possibility of working from home full time, and he said he'd think about it. That's good. But the Babby is, I am almost entirely sure, too demanding of engagement to make working at home WITH HER possible. That's bad. And also hugely guilt inducing! Plus depressing since I'd rather just be a mama than have to work.

It just makes me so incredibly sad that I am unable to spend time with the Babby like I used to, and this is time that will never be available to me again.

But hey, as foul a mood as my job and the circumstances surrounding it can put me in, having a mama who is totally stressed out because debt is mounting and the bills aren't getting paid would probably be pretty bad for the Babby. So work? Emotionally, it's a killer. Financially, it makes things like eating food and running the AC at night and remaining in our tiny house possible. Can't beat that with a stick, I guess.

Now just to hit the foul mood trifecta, something I read reminded me of this one social worker in the NICU who was not only irritating and weird, but also ruined at least one feeding session by hovering over me and talking to me while I was trying to nurse PreemieBabby. Like, hello, weird woman, can you not see that I am desperately trying to feed my child? I guess she couldn't. I have since pledged that if I am ever in a similar situation again, I am calmly going to tell her to get out and please not bother us again. Then I am going to lodge a complaint with the NICU nurses. Because chattily hovering over parents of preemies while they are trying to take care of their children is THE OPPOSITE OF HELPFUL.

Duh.

4 comments:

  1. Hope your mood improves and personally I use times like these as an excuse to eats huge amount of chocolate,lol.

    Your Babby is so adorable!Hope you get to work from home and find the perfect balance.

    Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the best/most empowering things I did was insist that one of the residents when I was in labor get the heck out and stay out. OK, so I had my lovely RN give the message, but it was awesome.

    I hope the mood lifts and things sort themselves. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a moment for chocolate chip cookies...or just a great hug from a little one. Here’s to hoping there’s no health concerns and to having a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to join the chorus and say that today calls for something chocolatey like choc chip cookie dough ice cream? Instant mood stabilizer and zero side effects.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...