Monday, August 29, 2011

This Is What I'm Missing Today

working moms and toddlers

Warning: I am going to whine now. About the same old thing.

Or maybe not. My zest for whining was pretty much cooked by posting to Facebook and then getting quite a few comforting responses from relatives and friends.

I am just missing the Babby. Even though she was basically good at drop off this morning.

"Where am I going today?" she sometimes asks. Then she says "Why?" when I tell her.

Because I have to work, little chick. Just like papa - and he's even unluckier than I am in that society tends to have more tolerance for my complaining about it.

It's a beautiful day, but a heart achey kind of day. Last year a day like today would have been a day of working in the yard and going to the park and playing with water.

Maybe today still is, but the Babby is doing it all with someone else.

Nuts.

3 comments:

  1. awww (hugs). Babby has to have her own little babby memories as well. Oh the growing pains, mama. You will be okay and the little one will be as well. You will surely love seeing and hearing how independent she is growing up to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do, I do! I think it's kind of cool that she has a life apart from me and can tell me things I know nothing about. But it's scary and sad - just a little - too. They all go to school eventually, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs to you. It must be horrible to leave her,cant imagine :(

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...