Sunday, August 14, 2011

Why My Blog May Be Light in Content for 72 Days


voluntary simplicity movement

Who has two thumbs and can turn a project designed to simplify one's life in a documented, multi-participant affair complete its own blog? THIS GUY. For real. I recently found myself inspired to go through Zen Habit's Simple Living Manifesto item by item. 

Not for any specific reason - I am already pretty good at keeping things organized and scaling down stuff-wise - but rather just because I like to challenge myself to do the things I already do better. And to own up to why I can't when it happens that I can't. Or even won't because item whatever will actually complicated/uglify/etc. my life instead of making it nicer. And since this kind of thing is no fun to do solo - or at least more fun to do as a group - I created a Facebook event page and group page for it, so those who are following at home but not blogging or just spectating instead of participating can comment or criticize or question.

That's right. Yours truly is taking simplification to a whole new level of complicated, and I want you along for the ride!

Interested in getting involved? Drop me a line, because I'm looking for contributors to be a part of the 72 Ideas in 72 Days Project blog!

6 comments:

  1. I was gonna point out the irony of creating all this stuff for a simplification exercise. Thanks for doing that for me, it simplified my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there's anyone who could turn simplifying into a to-do list item, it's ME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's way funny! I wish you the best of luck! I'll be watching your journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks :) Best part? I'm doing this while also attempting to launch a business and get an agent for my childrens book. Things are getting real!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I am interested in how this unfolds for you. I hope you get the space to focus on your business and book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like a great idea. I'll check it out. I just scaled down my entire bedroom so that's done for now.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...