Sunday, September 4, 2011

Five Quick Things and a Picture

simple living

Those hydrangeas are going on two weeks old and are only just now beginning to get a little greenish around the edges. Which looks rather charming, actually.

The BabbyDaddy is outside measuring and sawing molding on this humid night. He could be inside with me, but he's right. If that molding doesn't get cut tonight, we'd probably go at least another week without it.

Once upon a time, we had endless stretches of weekends with nothing to do and giggled, good naturedly, at all the people whose calendars were filled with social obligations. Now my September and October calendars are filling up fast. It's all good stuff, but there is a part of me that's looking forward to a boring November and (especially) December.

Long weekends are so much nicer when you don't have work projects making them feel shorter than they are. While I have done some work this weekend, I still had plenty of time for hanging around, house projects, birthday parties, gallery openings, long walks, and other stuff.

I keep forgetting that we have mushrooms that need to get used up. And that I'm supposed to be making veggie piggies in a blanket with the hot dogs in the fridge. Oops.

4 comments:

  1. I am still in mourning over the loss of my free weekends. Now I chauffeur M around to play dates and birthday parties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hydrangea looks gorgeous!
    They really were made to put a smile on your face!

    Thanks for dropping by and saying hello!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Teresha But you still have weekdays ;)

    @OnePerfectDay I'm starting to think they're the best bloom for lasting vase happiness. I think it's actually sprouted some leaves, which is weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so get it! Amazing how much we sign up for now! December will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...