Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Babby Goes to Vermont

Since this past weekend was a three-day affair for the BabbyFamily, we bundled everyone into the car along with bikes, helmets, and other necessary gear to visit with the Babby's Great Aunt and Great Uncle up in Vermont! 

We hit one snag - traffic in New Hampshire - but otherwise the trips there are back were uneventful, and I even got to read most of the way, both ways. Game of Thrones heading north and The Total Money Makeover heading south, if you're curious. 

It was a super low key trip and super fun. I didn't even check my email! We biked and had ice cream and picked apples and strolled and ate and talked. I really loved getting to spend some quality time with my Aunt and Uncle as a grownup! And I sure hope we can see them more!

Here are some Babby-centric highlights of the weekend:


toddler in vermont





toddler in vermont




toddler in vermont




toddler in vermont




toddler in vermont




toddler in vermont


While we were in Vermont, my Uncle gave us the copy of The Total Money Makeover (mentioned above) and I'm just about through it even though I only started reading yesterday. I'm super excited to start, and we're even starting on Baby Step 2 having already paid off one debt in the form of our car loan. Yay! It wasn't the smallest of our debts, but we didn't know much about the snowball system a few days ago. We're pretty excited about working toward being debt free other than the mortgage - and then maybe knocking that down, too!

6 comments:

  1. We read the Total Money Makeover and did very well with it! Paid off all credit cards and still have no cc debt. We're not perfect, as we've taken on other debts, but they are always weighed carefully. The high you get when you pay one thing off is addicting. You just want to do more! Our mantra was "gazelle intensity" (from the book) and we say it to each other whenever we think of spending money on stupid things.
    I very highly recommend that book. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps, that white hoodie was my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it :) Er, both the book/system, and the hoodie. Turns out that the BabbyDaddy's student loan is more than I thought, but it suddenly feels more manageable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we need to get of a copy of that book! Also, its remarkable how much my mom and her sister look identical! I had to take a second glance at the pic of her with P. before I realized I wasn't looking at my mother!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really is awesome! I zipped through, but will reread it as we work through the baby steps. We're going to be on baby step two for a while since the BabbyDaddy's student loans are outrageous, ouch.

    That's so funny about your mom :) I've always thought my lovely aunts looked alike, but not that much, hee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone is picking apples! I must find a orchard nearby. I love Babby's shades, she's so mini mod. I'll have to look up that book.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...