Saturday, October 1, 2011

Some of My Favorite Quotes Plus a Bonus Pic of Babby Classic

I'm actually not a big inspirational quote fan. Some people collect them, and pin them up around their homes, in their cubes. But it's not my thing. There are a few inspirational quotes*, however, that pop into my head now and then and I thought it would be nice to share them with you lovely people.
For when I am tempted by consumer goods: "Do you need it, or can you leave it?"

For everything that scares me: "If something is worth doing, it's worth doing badly."

For when I'm feeling envy: "Never try to be better than anyone but yourself."

For the days I'm feeling unsuccessful: "If people only knew how hard I work to gain my mastery it wouldn’t seem so wonderful at all." – Michelangelo

For every morning I'm reluctant to get up and get moving: "Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a lion wakes up and it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn’t matter if you’re a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running!"
And the promised photograph of Babby Classic, complete with cute little nose and dimple:

inspirational quotes

P.S. - How's your weekend so far?? Waffle Party 2011 was a huge success, as far as I'm concerned!

*Inspirational quotes that inspire *me*, that is. I can't promise they'll inspire you.

5 comments:

  1. We all had a fabulous time at the Great Waffle Fest 2011!! (Thanks to you all for hosting!) ... Elijah and I ran around yelling about it all morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! I just heard the gazelle quote for the first time a few weeks ago. So great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good quote, Love classic Babby pics even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My weekend was inspiring too! And I wasn't even thinking about quotes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I love the lion an gazelle quote!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...