Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Weekend Recap, a Monday Recap, and the Status of My Many Work at Home Careers

This weekend, the BabbyFamily went to the local zoo. It seemed like the best way to spend some time together before the BabbyDaddy jets off to New York for about a week on business. I figured that if we stayed home, we'd all likely drift apart to focus on our own pursuits. The BabbyDaddy especially, since he was checking up on work emails more often than usual for a weekend.

work at home careers

Oh, business trips. We'll miss him terribly. I can never sleep when he's gone and the Babby asks every day "Where's papa?" I feel bad because he's definitely the fun parent most of the time. Luckily my grandparents will come to visit on Saturday and Sunday, taking some of the isolation away. And the Babby and I have already been invited to supper one evening at a friend's house!

Speaking of business, I didn't get a chance to post yesterday because it was my first Monday working from home! As I expected, I ended up getting more work done than usual because there were fewer distractions. I policed my own easily distracted brain better, too.

work from home careers

I have to say, it was wonderful. I walked the Babby to daycare in the a.m., spent my lunch hour - my WHOLE lunch hour since I didn't have to drive - relaxing and then doing some yard work. At the day's end, I took my bike to pick up the Babby, and then we took the long way home. When we bike, she always sings me little songs she makes up. What's better than that?

So, are you surprised I'm still chasing work at home careers? Because I am. Obviously I wouldn't say no to transforming my current job into a work at home career. But I'm also open to other possibilities. I've had a couple of people approach me for work and those people and I are in the process of ironing out the details. If getting back home means busting my tush to find client work, so be it. I'm tough, I'm capable, and I'm a hard worker. I want what I want and I'm working toward it, one way or another.

So what if I'm moving forward kind of slowly, right?

2 comments:

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...