Sunday, November 13, 2011

Three Handmade Christmas Gifts Down and a Bazillion to Go

I'm glad I can say that our handmade Christmas has progressed beyond the gifts we already had. Not far beyond, but enough to make me feel like I have actually done something in the direction of our goal. Here's what I got done:



how to make a paper envelope


Last night I looked up how to make a paper envelope. Glue, schlue. For easy pretty pouches, sewing paper is where it's at. I keep craft paper handy just because I like it. I mean, seriously, have you ever just stood there in the craft paper aisle at Michaels? Because I have.

But back to sewing paper. Not a problem. I'll admit I was a little worried. Mainly because I have been using the same needle for, oh, years now. Which is probably not recommended. Then when you add sewing paper to the mix, I had this vision of my machine's needle just breaking in half and flying into my eye. Luckily, that didn't happen. 

I guess I should add that my sewn paper envelopes seem pretty sturdy, too. So, yay! Onward and upward!

(Thus far today I haven't been nearly as productive. In fact, I haven't been productive at all. We went to the zoo instead. Hey, Christmas is a million years away, right?)

Ninth Street Notions

4 comments:

  1. I knew you could sew canvas, but I never knew you could sew paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just in awe of your skills and your commitment to make gifts this year. go babby mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Blonde Duck: Yep! Needle went right through thick craft paper, just like fabric!

    Teresha: Oh, heck, it was just sewing paper ;) And I figure the main thing in having a handmade Christmas is giving myself plenty of time and enlisting the help of the BabbyDaddy wherever I can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Thanks for linking up at I Made It! Monday. Can't wait to see what you link up this week.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...