Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Decorating Christmas Cookies!

decorating christmas cookies

Considering how much effort I put into Christmas this year - which included baking Christmas cookies and then decorating Christmas cookies - of course I'm going to share some of the fun! A single Christmas recap post just doesn't seem right because this year, Christmas seemed to come in waves.

One of those waves? Was made of Christmas cookies.

decorating Christmas cookies

decorating Christmas cookies

decorating Christmas cookies

A lot of Christmas cookies - many not shown - which led to decorating Christmas cookies.

There's something particularly special about decorating Christmas cookies with a toddler little kid. Especially this little kid, because the Babby isn't one much for sweets. So there was a surprising lack of icing eating or pilfered cookies. In fact, I think she ate about two, and only at the prompting of her Babushka.

decorating Christmas cookies

decorating Christmas cookies

decorating Christmas cookies

decorating Christmas cookies

Anyone reading this on the paternal side of my family will recognize these cookies, as I used the matriarch's standard Christmas cookie recipe. These cookies are a family tradition, and I'm absolutely pleased as punch to be continuing this holiday tradition with my own little family. Not to mention introducing the other half of my family to it!

Aren't they pretty? (And a little messy, too, which is all part of the charm.)

decorating Christmas cookies

decorating Christmas cookies

In other news, I'm thinking about new one-year and five-year plans. I want 2012 to be my year - as opposed to 2011, which was just about the worst year of my entire life. Right now, I'm wheeling and dealing, business-wise and working on some personal projects, too. Are you making any New Year's resolutions? (I hate that term, ick.) And speaking of, are you doing anything for New Year's Eve? Because we're old and we're not - other than cracking the champagne we got for Christmas (maybe).

4 comments:

  1. Your Christmas cookies are so vibrant and fun!! I love it!

    re: resolutions, I think I'm going to stick with the ones I've already chosen:
    1) I'm going to work on my self esteem by posting at least one thing a week that I like about myself.
    2) I'm also going to post, at least once a week, a tribute to at least one of you. Probably unattributed, because that's how I choose to do it, and frankly, I think it'll be more interesting that way. (this was posted to my Facebook; these probably won't go on my blog.)

    as for NYE plans, going to fireworks at Penn's Landing (Philadelphia)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2012... it's MY YEAR!

    :) Kidding... I've started thinking about this too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are {almost} too pretty to eat! I don't do resolutions as they always lead to disappointment. I doubt I'll be able to stay awake for the New Year's Eve countdown so I'll take my sparkling apple cider and to bed and see what happens

    ReplyDelete
  4. @JRM I sure am enjoying the fruit of your resolutions so far! Maybe one of these days I'll recognize me :)

    @Courtney No, it's MY year rawr rawr! Let's just agree to make it the best year ever - with the intention of making future years even better?

    @Teresha Yeah, I'm thinking my New Year's Eve will involve a one-time resolution to go to bed early!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...