Saturday, December 31, 2011

My Small Hopes for New Years 2012

I never thought I'd ever have a 'worst year,' but I think I can say without much hesitation that 2011 was the worst year of my life. And yet compared to some of the trials that people across the globe have to endure daily, it's not saying much. My worst year has a First World Problems stink to it that makes me feel incredibly guilty.

Mostly because lots of good things happened to me in 2011. Our trip to Germany and our paying off half of our non-mortgage debt load are the two biggies that come to mind. Little everyday joys were sprinkled throughout the year in abundance, too. The Babby's second birthday party... her first trip to a movie... my meeting new editorial services clients...we expanded the usable space in our house...

Oddly, my miscarriage happened in 2010, but so close to the transition from one year to the next that my brain just lumps it in with all of the 2011 detritus. And that led into my realizing that my freelance work at that time was not cutting the mustard, so I re-entered the rat race.

My plan is not to dwell on the yuckiness of 2011, though. I'm hoping that 2012 is going to be a banner year for the BabbyFamily. I don't make resolutions because I prefer to make plans. Maybe this year will see the expansion of my business. The expansion of the BabbyFamily. I wouldn't mind it if 2012 was the year in which there were some major lifestyle changes - or reversions, as it were.

Sitting here on the cusp of New Years 2012, I have no idea what life will throw at me. But I sure do hope that this is going to be the best year yet. (Or at the very least, not as sucky as the year before!)


new years 2012


2 comments:

  1. Usually, when you have a year like you did, the next one is always better. Wishing you the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a spectular, so-good-you-have-to-use- your-hubby-and-daughter's-hands-and-feet-to-count your-blessings 2012!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...