Friday, January 6, 2012

I Know She's Sick Because Every Time I Kiss Her Cheek She Says 'Thank You, Mama'

Home, and working, with a sick toddler was not how I planned to spend my day. Home, yes. The sick toddler part? Not so much. One cancelled doctor appointment later, and from the comfort of the kitchen table I have heard Lady and the Tramp play through more than three times.

sick toddler

One short nap preceded by Tylenol was ended by hunger because lunch didn't get eaten. I'm wondering if a second nap is in the works since there are still plenty of yawns coming from my feverish little sicky chicky.

sick toddler

And back I go to writing about flying fish facts and how anglers of all stripes should stick together. If it were up to me, I'd be snuggled up next to the Babby on the couch, reading on my Kindle Fire while she watches Lady and the Tramp. Again. But I think she knows that, since every time I kiss her cheeks to see if the fever has broken, she looks up and me and says "Thank you, mama."

You're welcome, little Babby.

7 comments:

  1. How can she be so pitiful and so cute at the same time? Feel better babby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing "I love you" from my little one. It is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww I hate it when the children are sick. And I hear ya about it not being how you planned your day. I totally want that lunch, though. Looks yum!! Thanks for visiting me on my SITS day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. she is such a good patient! mine whines and screams ar me and would never lay on the couch alone while I did something else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't they just pitiful when they're sick? Mine get cranky, too. I like yours with her sweet little "Thank You Mama"s much better! Sick days are so icky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww... so sweet :) i hope she's feeling better. unrelated, i got your package!!! emailing you now. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...