Monday, February 27, 2012

NOT a Third Birthday Party Recap

Happy Monday! The balloons have all sunk down to the floor. And speaking of the floor, it's been Bruced to within an inch of its life and I'm still finding icing smears. The garlands are still up and I haven't found all the paper flowers. Presents? Still strewn about. Thank you cards? Pending!

Today, I'm working (of course) but also trying to get the stink of throw up out of blankets and raggies and P.'s pretty new summer dress. I'm currently taking recommendations. So far, we're trying Nature's Miracle, vinegar, baking soda... anything else I should know about?

And that's why I'm not even going to try to do a third birthday party recap today. What I can do is show you two things I did/made in preparation for the party:

1. My new numbered staircase (thanks, Pinterest):

numbered stairs

2. My upcycled framed chalk-on-chalk chalkboard:

homemade chalkboard

Yes, I picked that frame out of the garbage because I have NO shame when it comes to that sort of thing. It was a mass produced bucolic print in a gold plastic frame, ugh. It had good bones, though. Yay for chalkboard paint!

11 comments:

  1. ooooo! I LOVE the chalkboard! Sweet and simple. lovely. Happy Birthday P!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've wanted one somewhere for a while and finally found a place for it. At the party, it was on the counter with the food :)

      Delete
  2. Love all the pinterest work :)

    Here's my secret stink recipe:

    In the wash cycle, good detergent, but too much detergent actually makes smells linger, so don't add too much. Plus a smidge of bleach (yes, no matter the color, I do this!) and baking powder.

    rinse: vinegar

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're one of those people that actually do the stuff they pin?
    sigh...I just pin...and then pin more

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute blog! And, I love the party ideas! Thanks for visiting me on my SITS Day! Please come back anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that numbered stair case. Great idea!
    http://www.memoirsofmeandmine.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The numbered staircase is fantastic! Okay, so I'm curious about how throw up got into all that stuff, but will wait for the recap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have only tried makeup pins so far. Love the staircase though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love... recipe pins and home decor DIY pins! I swear, my house is nicer because of Pinterest!

      Delete
  8. I meant to suggest washing items with BioKleen Bac-Out for getting rid of the smell. That stuff is magic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation. One quilt is fresh as a daisy - the other? Still stinks!

      Delete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...