Thursday, April 12, 2012

The BabbyMama Asks: What are Your Favorite Morning Sickness Remedies?


morning sickness remedies

You know, they - whoever they are - have a lot of nerve calling it morning sickness when it's more like all day and all night sickness.

I've been going back in time on this very blog, all the way back to when I was first pregnant with the P., to confirm that everything I'm feeling now is normal. And I guess it is, considering that my very first post was about feeling disgusting while simultaneously feeling like I want to EAT ALL THE THINGS.

I kind of wish I'd written more about the sick part and less about the food part, though. Because like many women who, after the fact, glamorize pregnancy, I have mostly forgotten what you're actually supposed to do about all these rumblies in the tumbly.

So that's where I need your help, mamas and partners of mamas who had to put up with this nonsense! What are your favorite morning sickness remedies? 

(Just don't say Preggie Pops, because those things are vile.)

10 comments:

  1. You're preggers again? if you are congrats :) I'm on my second as well- i have an almost 2 year old boy and this time it's a girl :D

    Anyway, to deal with my mostly afternoon-into-evening sickness- I had to make sure I ate lunch on time- usually at 12noon and I ate in small amounts but frequently. Generally nothing fatty and nothing my mind automatically found repulsive (like peanut butter, avocado and lettuce).

    Oh and club soda or ginger ale helped to settle my stomach ALOT while eating.

    Hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had it BAD - they gave me Zofran so I could hold down some sustenance, but it still didn't help the nausea. The only thing that took the edge off was acupuncture, and man, it worked SO WELL. Highly recommended.
    And, you know, the sickness is a good sign, blah blah blah...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginger. I recommend the ginger chews from Trader Joes (NOT the yucky crystallized ginger) and ginger tea (Yogi makes a good one). Also munching on nice salty dry things like saltines to keep actual hunger at bay, because hunger--> nausea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second the eating part. I felt most nauseous when I hadn't eaten for awhile (i.e. when I first woke up). I ate 6-8 small meals everyday. I also second the ginger chews and real ginger soda with the bits of ginger in it. that was my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't say I have any experience, you know not having been pregnant, but I do know my BFF Shell had to have fruit on her AT ALL TIMES to avoid running to a toilet throughout the entire 9 months of pregnancy. I should have bought stock in strawberries when I found out she was pregnant. ;)

    BTW check my blog for some special sunshine for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fruit, yes! It's so helpful - and way better than some of the other things I want to eat ;)

      And thank you :)

      Delete
  6. Sigh. I wish I had a remedy!

    I had it so bad I had to go to the ER two weeks ago :(

    Let's see, popsicles, jello, soup, crackers, salty noodles, gatorade. Those things seem to stay down the best. Anything sweet, or fatty, or rich tends to come back up.

    I love your description. I too vacillate between feeling like absolute CRAP and I WANT TO EAT ALL THE THINGS! I might use that quote, fyi :)

    Thanks for stopping by on my SITS day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well first of all congratulations! I think saltine crackers, and no dairy were important in the first trimester. Smoothies are a nice way to get nutrition without having to "eat" the food.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanx for sharing this info , I saw related info on -: http://tinyurl.com/kja6gzj . keep writing and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanx for sharing this informatic information, i found some similar information on this topic also see this information;
    http://tinyurl.com/k44olle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...