Thursday, April 5, 2012

Things That Have Made Me Happy Lately

1. The ridiculous daffodils that grow in two random spots in the grass. How'd they get there? Only our house's previous owners know for sure.


daffodil bulbs
2. How lovely and green everything is all of a sudden. Especially the raspberry canes.
growing raspberries
3. DIY cupcake kit decorating, with big thanks to Teresha of Marlie and Me (and big congrats, too).
cupcake kit

 4. This.

positive pregnancy test
5. And this.
early ultrasound
Will it last? Who knows. All I know is that we're doing everything right - not that we didn't last time, but there you go - and there's only one baby this time and we have a ton of folks praying for us or just plain wishing us well. I have another appointment in a little over two weeks to hear the heartbeat, then another ultrasound shortly after that.

My sweet midwife said that once they get the heartbeat with the dopplar, I can come in any time I want reassurance. Every day, if I want.

Work is still a concern - hey, work, if you're reading this, it's all under control - but I'm on a four day a week telecommuting schedule and plan to bank work like a boss as things get farther along. I just need to keep reminding myself that I was working as of four days after P. was born and then with her at my side for two whole years without missing a beat.

Whatever happens will be what is supposed to happen, right?

13 comments:

  1. YAAAAAAAAAY!!! Congrats! Thinking all kinds of good thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very, very happy for you!!! Much love from Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I couldn't be happier for you - fingers crossed and sending much love and good thoughts from NY - keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love daffodils, and spring, and cupcakes! ....I don't personally love positive pregnancy tests...haha..but you do, and that's all that matters! Congratulations and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww yay! Teheh MORE pregnancies. Could y'all PLEASE spread this magic baby dust my way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been a bit emotional lately, but g wiz. This here post made me a bit teary-happy. So psyched for your family. GREAT news. We wish you the best. L, T & L

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Christa! I'm so happy for you, Tedd and P.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so choked up over here! Congratulations! Whatever you need...a prayer, a good ear, a joke...do not hesitate to ask. I look forward to tagging along on this journey with you :_)

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...