Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Hey, It's Okay Tuesday!

Have you heard about Hey, It's Okay Tuesday!? Every Tuesday, Whispering Writer over at Airing My Dirty Laundry One Sock at a Time hosts Hey, It's Okay Tuesday! so people like me can justify their feelings, actions, and such. I feel like doing a little of my own dirty laundry airing so I thought this would be a great week to participate! Because, hey, it's okay...
  • That I keep talking about my pregnancy using words like 'If this one sticks...' and 'If I'm still pregnant as of Friday...' Because hey, any scan could be the bad news scan.
  • To have put on a little weight in the past three months. I have an excuse, right?
  • That I am pretty behind on all of the to-dos that don't involve a paycheck. Right now I am working to support my newly developed (and hopefully temporary) ridiculously picky eating habits.
  • To be peeved that I am now handling a client load of 27 companies at my office job (where there's only one person handling each set of duties).
  • That I have been doing some DIY tasks around the house again. I need to or I'm going to go out of my mind.
  • To feel mad some weekends that I have to work some evenings and then a whole weekend day, too, on top of everything else. 
  • That I've recently considered quitting the freelance game and just working the ol' office job to get by. But then I'd never get back to where I want to be and that just makes me so sad.
Past Hey, It's Okay Tuesdays: 1

11 comments:

  1. I totally understand the last one. My big fear after the move was I'd never get my footing again in the design world because I had no network here and wanted to work for myself instead of being someone's office slave like I was at the last job. Things are slowwwly starting to come together, though, now that I'm actually trying at this work at home thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have the added bonus, though, of not having to worry particularly about the income, so you can build clients as they come. I can't quit my office job until I'm making approximately as much as I'm making there regularly on a freelance basis. And to do that, I'm essentially having to double up work-wise. Work 830-330 then wait for Tedd to get home, work some more, then work all day Saturday. Seriously, I have no clue how I'm going to keep this up if I actually have a baby come fall. I'd murder a horse to be in your position!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll definitely be talking about the results either way!

      Delete
  3. It's totally normal to use the language of if this one sticks or makes it or whatever until they are in your arms not hooked up to significant medical machinery, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Yes it is. It's just not something everyone really gets.

      Delete
  4. I think there is always a good reason for weight gain! Good luck with all your to-do's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *hugs* I'm happy to come with on Friday, if you'd like. Well, I'm free in the morning, anyway. Let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you nothing but happy news scans!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post. Came by from SITS, and I am so glad that your scan went well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So hard not to use those words ... keeping my fingers crossed that all scans bring a big smile to your face.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...