Saturday, June 30, 2012

33 Weeks Pregnant vs. 20 Weeks Pregnant

Second babies - forgetting for a moment about unsuccessful pregnancies -apparently take up more room. I know, I know, that band of muscles in my middle never did shape back up, but still.

Check me out at 33 weeks pregnant, taken in a mirror in Madrid, just one week before giving birth to P. Compare that to yours truly right now at a mere 20 weeks pregnant. I anticipate that in a month or two strangers will be saying things like "You must be ready to pop!" and I'll have to smile blandly and reply "No, I have ages to go, really."

20 weeks pregnant

I also weigh more now than I did immediately before P. was born, but I'm trying not to think about that since it's just a plain silly thing to fixate on. Not to mention that I don't want to inadvertently teach P. to think about her own weight by making mine an issue.

3 comments:

  1. I think you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look tiny to me, but I know what you mean about getting bigger faster with the second pregnancy. I was showing at 9 weeks with #2 whereas I didn't look officially pregnant with #1 until I was 15 weeks. What really matters is that you look gorgeous! positively glowing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your 33 weeks looks incredibly tiny. In all fairness, P was a teeny one, so here's hoping for a big ole robust baby #2!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...