Monday, June 25, 2012

Life Lately: Father's Day, Cleaning the Basement, and the MaterniT21 Test

Wow, it's been a long time since I last wrote down anything about our lives. What it hasn't been is a long time since I've written - it's just been blogging and editing for clients. Often you'll find me writing about gluten or fishing or even fatherhood. And it's not as if I haven't had anything on my mind as of late. Big monumental things that hijacked whatever mental energy I had that wasn't devoted to work.

But we've been keeping on in the meantime. Father's day was an extravaganza of pancakes with sprinkles (P. got to choose the BabbyDaddy's breakfast) and robotic dinosaurs and a corpse flower that was still closed and daring to go to a restaurant even after a long day with no nap. We've been to the beach, though we've also done plenty of lazing around indoors with movies thanks to ridiculous amounts of rain. I feel like there's a new birthday party every weekend. My MaterniT21 test came back negative and we opted not to do an amnio since all signs have pointed to Down Syndrome not being a possibility anywhere but in my head. I found a cherry that looked just like a bird and made cupcakes that P. deemed "Gross."


life lately


One thing I realized about myself this past weekend is that I can't live beautifully (or blog) when I feel cluttered on the inside. And so much of my inside clutter is inspired by outside clutter. It's a viscous cycle! But a beatable one, too. You should see the piles of stuff - garbage, donations, and Freecycle fun - we pulled out of the basement this Sunday while we tackled this most neglected of spaces. I'd take a picture, but frankly it's embarrassing to think that we've held on to that much junk. And there's still plenty more where that came from, even if it is mainly the boxed contents of the BabbyDaddy's office as it existed in 2007. That's one of his big summer projects. I can't wait!

What have you been up to lately?


5 comments:

  1. We also tackled our basement a few weeks ago. There is still a third of the space that needs cleaned out, but it is tools and wood and wood shavings, all of which is Christopher's domain. i'm looking forward to the great attic unload in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huzzah on the results of the MaterniT21 test. We've been doing what you guys did decluttering and sorting our belongings for thr big move to N. Cali.
    I like P's breakfast of champions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with P; that cherry indeed looks a little gross! I am so happy about the test results; now, time to kick back, relax and declutter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep hoping that after this next big thing, I can declutter. Unfortunately, there's always another next big thing. I have to make the time for it. It's hard. And a lot of our inside clutter is self-imposed, so I'm learning to let stuff go. That's hard, too.

    I'm glad about the test results. Still praying that everything goes absolutely smoothly, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...