Sunday, October 21, 2012

It's Starting to Look Like a Baby Is on the Way!

Is the title of this post misleading? Maybe. Mom... dad... if you're reading this, there is not currently a baby falling out of me. All I want to do is share a few pictures of nursery and baby prep. So far, we've painted H.'s room. What do you all think of gray for a baby boy nursery, anyway?

painting a nursery

And decorated some baby onesies in various sizes. I painted a bunch, did some simple tracing on others, and gave P. the start she needed to color a couple with Crayola fabric markers (which are awesome, btw). The mister painted a few onesies, too.

DIY onesies - stenciled onesies

I actually have way too many boring plain white baby onesies but my enthusiasm for painting them has gone way down - so I've been considering dying some with RIT dye. Maybe in grays and earthy greens. Thoughts?

setting up a nursery

Finally, this weekend we did some post-nursery-painting cleanup in what used to be the Red Room and I suppose is now the Gray Room. The AC came out, the painters tape came off, the tarp came up, and the mister assembled the new crib (which is just the same crib / toddler bed P. has except in stylin' black) while P. and I broke Styrofoam into itty-bitty pieces for the fun of it.

painting a nursery

As of right now, my baby prep to-do list is a lot looser because so much of it is optional. For instance, I'd love to paint the changing table and the new (to us) bureau in a cool flat black to match the black crib. I have plenty of free printables to hang up - once I get some of the plain black frames that are always on sale at Michaels. If I can find my extra clementine boxes, those are slated to be painted Hermes orange. And in an ideal world, the mister will pick through his old band t-shirts soonish so I can start on a quilt. But as far as decorating a nursery goes, it's not exactly priority 'round here.

I guess it's a pretty good thing it looks like there's no baby on the immediate horizon!

4 comments:

  1. I love grey for anyone's room, baby, not baby, girl, boy. Whatev. You can genderfy it either way with accent colors. Also I'm kind of jealous that you get a new crib. Our crib is so worn it could use a major sand and paint job..but since the girl child is still sleeping in it and the man child takes forever on projects there's simply no way it's ever going to happen. lesigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our bedroom is gray, too, but a lighter gray with more of a greenish undertone to it. I love gray!

      As for the crib, the only reason we ended up with a new one is that the grandma said, oh, just get the same one P. has. We could NEVER have afforded it otherwise.

      Delete
  2. I like the gray! Do you have a secondary color picked out? If not, I vote for orange. And, the onesies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And there you have our color scheme! Gray, with black furniture and orange accents - with maybe a touch of teal here and there to break things up. Great minds think alike!

      Delete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...