Saturday, October 13, 2012

Secret Messages

A long time ago, I wrote an article about working positive - and secret - messages into your home renovations. Like jotting messages of hope or goals for the future onto the studs that form the skeleton of a new room or sketching happy faces and other symbols on the subfloor before tile goes on. Of course, it could be as simple as doing a little pre-painting.

painting a nursery

When I redid P.'s room, a little extra love went under the first coat of pink paint. The mister (and a good friend) painted H.'s room today, and he left a secret message of his own.

Is the whole idea of leaving secret messages in home improvements a little fruity-tooty? Yep! And by the time P. and H. are old enough to care, the mister and I will probably have forgotten all about it. But I figure when you're painting a nursery and you can do an extra little heartwarming something that, like many of the tiny gestures you make as a parent, doesn't do anything other than make you smile in the moment... well, why not?

P.S. - I know it's Saturday, but I'm not quite ready to post my Saturday Selfie so I sure hope Audrey is okay with me doing a Sunday Selfie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...