Sunday, November 18, 2012

Baby's First Bath: Sister Versus Brother

P. has a touch of the croup, so the mister and I have spent the entire weekend tag-teaming childcare to keep H.'s germ exposure to a minimum. While I nurse (and nurse and nurse), the mister is cuddled up in the living room watching cartoons with P. I also finished up our Thanksgiving shopping, ordered flea powder for the basement carpet, and bought a new humidifier.

Suffice it to say, this hasn't been the happiest or most exciting Saturday and Sunday ever so I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving - and the short week that goes with it.

The highlight of my weekend was giving H. his first bath. I guess that might sound a little gross since he's nearing four weeks old, but we've been spot cleaning him up until now. He just doesn't get that dirty.

baby's first bath

Of course I had to go back and find pictures of P.'s first bath to compare. The big differences that stand out are that P. was a lot smaller (they look the same in the pic but check out the ratio of baby to tub) and really, really didn't like baths. H., on the other hand, didn't cry until I took him out of the baby tub - at which point he wailed.

And then, much like his sister used to, he proceeded to spit up on his nice clean self, my shoulder, and the floor. Mmmm.

6 comments:

  1. J thinks baths are the Most Fun Thing EVER, and has since birth. That said, there is still the impulse to immediately get dirty again. I keep meaning to buy a bath mat so she doesn't slip since now she's crawling around in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We stuck those sticky things to the tub - just like the 70s, woo! They've actually worked pretty well and no worries about having to clean the mat.

      Delete
  2. Oh, the first baths of the precious babies. Now I'm going to go dig out my babies' first bath pictures. *sigh* Lady, you're making me want to add a third kid to my brood! Stop! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did the same thing with our babies...I gave them sponge baths for quite a while before sticking them in the baby bathtub! Oh, newborns...so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. {Melinda} They are so sweet. There truly is so much joy during this time ... it's exhausting and physically demanding at times, but that time goes so quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...