Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Prepping for Our Vegetarian Thanksgiving

Maternity leave has meant I'm home with just a baby (and limited freelance writing and editing work) for half the day, so it has made sense for me to handle the pre-prep for our vegetarian Thanksgiving.

Yesterday, I made seitan from scratch using the recipe in Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything Vegetarian. And today, in the morning, I made a vegetarian sausage stuffing for a stuffed roast using the seitan. The afternoon was reserved for P.'s strawberry cake - using the recipe at Confections of a Foodie Bride - since that was what she specifically requested. Tomorrow will probably be a whirlwind of cooking, nursing, and watching movies, with a walk if I can convince everyone to roll out the door!   

vegetarian thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving from the Babby family!
What are your family's favorite Thanksgiving treats?

2 comments:

  1. Your daughter is getting cuter and cuter. I didn't think it was possible, because, damn, you make good looking babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! Did I ever share that my grandma, who is 90 and fit, is a vegetarian? I love her seitan meatloaf!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...