Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Zoo with a Three-Year-Old and a Two-Week-Old (or We Must Be Crazy)

Yes, you read that right! On Veteran's Day weekend, the mister surprised me by not telling me Monday was an official vacation day at his office until Sunday afternoon so I had an unexpected three-day break from work and managing the homefront solo. Did I mention it was gorgeous out for nearly mid-November in New England? We decided to be extra daring - also ambitious - and packed up both kids for a trip to the closest zoo!

outings with two kids

Going to the zoo with both kids gave me a chance to finally try out the Britax B-Ready in double stroller mode with the infant car seat on the back. It gave P. a chance to run around outside in the fresh air, which she hasn't breathed much of lately because of the near-constant rain and the early sunset. And it gave the mister a chance to do something with the three of us that wasn't trying to wrangle an overtired P. through the aisles of Costco - which is what we ended up doing on Sunday, ugh.

H., as I expected he would be, was wholly unimpressed with the zoo, and this was probably our shortest ever zoo trip, but I'm still proud of us for getting out of the house into the wider world with both kids.

What did your family do on Veteran's Day weekend?

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, it sure was. I literally jumped up and down like crazy when he announced he'd be home!

      Delete
  2. That is such a cool stroller!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We chose the Britax because P. wanted a double stroller where she could sit up front (since a lot of the inline doubles put the heavier kid in back/underneath) and it was way discounted.

      Delete
  3. Wow I love that stroller! Where did you find it way discounted, cause I want one!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Albee Baby is my go-to for awesome gear, half off! We've bought all our strollers there. Here's a link:

      http://www.albeebaby.com/britax-b-ready-stroller-and-2nd-seat-twilight.html

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh I've been gone so long you had a baby and your other darling's hair is LONG and so beautiful and yikes! I swear, I hate with that happens!! Veteran's day - we took our vacation on the Texas coast where we will be for the next month. He can work remotely but we go play in the sand and surf and RELAX. I am going to go play catchup on your posts now. BTW YOU LOOK MARVELOUS DALINK!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting out and about is always awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...