Friday, November 30, 2012

What Our Christmas Looks Like So Far

We kind of like to make a big deal about Christmas around here, which is funny considering I really did think my miscarriage would ruin it forever. You can thank P. for the fact that it didn't, if you're ever at our house gazing upon our Christmas decorations or eating my grandmother's special molasses cookies or if you're so dear to us that we invite you to make some of these:

christmas crafts for kids

You'd have to be dear to us because glitter... glitter everywhere. And once it gets loose, it never goes away completely.

Last weekend, we went to our town's Christmas parade. Brrr! A year ago, we sat in the warm sun in sweatshirts. This year? We were seriously bundled. Something tells me this is going to be a cold winter.

christmas crafts for kids

The only reason we didn't decorate the tree the day after Thanksgiving was because someone - I won't name names - was being a very naughty three-year-old. So the Christmas decorations came out on the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

christmas crafts for kids

I even managed to get the outside lights and wreaths up before December first.

christmas crafts for kids

I tried to take a theme-y picture of H. in honor of his upcoming first Christmas, but this was literally the best shot of the bunch and it's still pretty lame. We had fun, though! Well, I had fun. He tolerated being laid across scratchy faux pine. For a while. Oh, well.

How is your family preparing for the holidays?

8 comments:

  1. This put me in a festive mood! Beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have done so :) Now a few days later I need someone to return the favor - I'm feeling bah humbug-y today (Monday).

      Delete
  2. Glitter = herpes of the craft world. Word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll hopefully be getting our tree next weekend, if I survive the paper-writing that I am currently avoiding like the plague. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've talked about getting a real tree some year soon, but there's something nice about being able to haul the tree out of storage without fuss or muss!

      Delete
  4. OMG! I cannot believe I have been gone so long from this blog that the baby is here. Oh honey, congrats! He is stunning! So glad for you and your growing family. This promises to be an awesome holiday season I am sure. (hugs and love)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I may be feeling bah humbug-y today, but you better believe P. is over the moon with all of the Christmas everywhere :)

      Delete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...