Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A Blast from the Past and Something Completely Different

I'm feeling a little nostalgic today. Until the new year rolls around, P. and I are home together just like back in the day. There's no six hour block of work I need to do. She's not home because she's ill. Our 'no TV on weekdays rule' is in full effect so P. isn't asking for movies all day.

I made (dairy-free) chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. We actually walked to the playground for the first time in what feels like forever. Boardgames were played. I took a shower at a reasonable hour. There was a strollerific excursion to the market for veggies and berries and those nasty puffed white cheddar things P. loves so much.

The big difference between the halcyon days at home and now? The P. and me and H. make three!


If it's not entirely obvious, H. adores his big sister. He spent about a quarter of an hour just grinning at P. while she chirped at him in her babytalk voice and gave him kisses. I alternated between snapping pics and just absorbing the cuteness. Serious squee!

How are you spending the block of days between Christmas and New Years? Are you on vacation or is it business as usual?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...