Sunday, December 9, 2012

P. the Photographer

One of the presents we - not Santa - will be giving P. this year is her very own camera. Before you say we're nuts for buying one of those craptastic digital cameras for kids, let me just clarify that we've been saving our old cam for P. since August of 2011. Not that she'll have the dopest camera around, but it'll do!

And it will mean that my grownup camera - which also isn't the dopest, but whatevs - will no longer get filled up with images like these:

digital cameras for kids
digital cameras for kids

Instead, a folder on my laptop will be filled up with pictures like these because if I can't bring myself to toss any of P.'s artwork, I doubt I'll be maniacal about deleting her blurry close-ups of household objects.

Do your kids take photos? Do you secretly delete them?

P.S. - P. had this to say: ALTMKJHGFPOIUYTTREWQMNBVCXZ1234567890N312345678901234567890A ABCDEFGHI

6 comments:

  1. We actually JUST placed an order for a camera for Robert's (almost) 9-year old daughter. She successfully took my Powershot Elph to camp without incident, so we think it's a worthy investment. I already made an album page with her earlier photo attempts, consisting entirely of blurry self-portraits.

    The trick was how to finagle it so she could actually DO something with the photos after taking them. Her mom is not especially photo-savvy ("that photo is too big on my screen, can you e-mail it to me smaller?") and too frugal to shell out lots of money for printer paper and ink. My suggestion was to make her (January) birthday present be a monthly $10 giftcard to Walgreens so she can order prints herself. We'll also possibly try setting her up with a free flickr account.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I really love the Walgreens gift card for prints - I think a kid would like to see the prints more than just having them stored on a hard drive.

      Delete
  2. Heck, I wouldn't toss 'em either. Several of those are quite good, and if photography becomes something she's really interested in, y'all may like these early photos even more... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite thing is that she likes to take pictures of stuff that I don't give a second look to.

      Delete
  3. She has natural talent, great composition and POV Miss P! I gave my old point-n-shoot to my daughter when she was 2 and she takes it to the park and on trips. It's a wonderful learning tool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She got the best smiles out of you and T. That's fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...