Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Aftermath of Blizzard Nemo in Pictures

It was snow city this past weekend and we spent as much time outside in it as we could. Truthfully, I'm not a huge fan of the stuff but I deal because my family loves it. Nemo rolled in, and overnight about three feet of snow whumped down on on top of, well, everything. It was a pretty big change from last winter, when poor P. burst into tears because I couldn't make it snow and then it was suddenly 80 degrees in April.

Nemo blizzard snowstorm

I'm glad I enjoyed it (and took lots of pictures) while it was still fresh and pristine, since it's going to get grayer and grayer as sand trucks roll through the neighborhood and road dust turns it brown. Snow is pretty when it first falls - by end of March, when the drifts are still hanging on in the gutters and in the supermarket parking lot it is anything but pretty. Yuck.

Nemo blizzard snowstorm

Nemo blizzard snowstorm

Nemo blizzard snowstorm

Nemo blizzard snowstorm

He's celebrating because at that point we were a mere hour's worth of work from being able to leave our property.

Nemo blizzard snowstorm

Nemo blizzard snowstorm

Check out the hugeosity of our monstrous icicle!

Nemo blizzard snowstorm

Did Nemo whump a bunch of snow on you, too?

2 comments:

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...