Monday, February 4, 2013

Today Is the First Day of the Rest of My Life

I shouldn't be blogging right now. Not even a little bit. Today is the first day of the final two weeks at the real grownup job I took two years ago after my miscarriage because we weren't doing so hot financially. It's back to crazy, stressful, immature freelancing for moi! What happens next is anyone's guess, but thanks to some totally cool clients, we won't be drowning any time soon! Isn't that exciting?

It also means I shouldn't be blogging. So here are two pictures of Saturday morning pancakes instead of an essay about the mister's vasectomy and what it means for our family (coming soon, though):

about freelance writing

about freelance writing

Speaking of his vasectomy, he spent this past weekend recovering. Which means I woke up early on Saturday, made those smiley face pancakes - from scratch, natch - and then took P. and H. (who shall henceforth be known as Bo) to the dance studio all by my lonesome. Then I came home and handled ALL THE THINGS. It made me feel like a supermom.

What awesome thing have you done lately? Let's brag!

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, I look forward to vasectomy discussions since Chris is thinking about getting his done before the baby comes rather than while he's off on paternity leave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would suggest doing it before. Tedd was laid up pretty hard for two days - not much lifting and just moving hurt. It would suck to have him home to help but laid up during those newborn days,

      Delete
  2. If he wants to do that, my advice: do it on a 3 day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this weekend I had two sick kiddies (the little one was also vaccinated on Friday so was miserable the entire weekend) AND an overworked husband so I was pretty much responsible for all meals and manner of chores and taking care of the kids and I was so craving cake I BAKED from scratch yesterday evening....needless to say I am pooped and I'm at work now while the husband is at home asleep :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought my first car this weekend, a cute Honda Fit. Used of course.

    And three of my four children got married in the last 10 months all while dealing with the death of my beloved husband.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, my hubby was away (at reserves) for the entire week last week, so I had to fly solo for the week. I always feel accomplished when we all come up alive after a week without him LOL. Plus, I even managed to cross a few things off of my to-do list while he was gone! Added bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I managed to find a store that I visited 4 years ago by following a map - a big deal for me! Hope your hubs feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...