Monday, April 29, 2013

My Weekend of Productive Procrastination

You know what makes it harder to blog? A broken camera. Way too often I am inspired to share something here because I snapped a great pic of my little ones and want to share it with the world. But recently our poor little abused point-and-shoot's display has been slowly dying, and I've found myself taking more photos with my phone than with my actual camera. Mostly because it's annoying to frame a shot through lots of rivers of dead pixels.

Consequently, this is what my weekend looked like in Instagram photos:

how is babby formed

On Saturday, there was dance class and then there was a sheep shearing festival out some ways. We missed the actual shearing and my prescription sunglasses need a new (specially sized, aaargh) screw, but we did pick up a adorable pink kitty from Alette Laan and a bottle of amazing ginger wasabi finishing sauce from Bittersweet Herb Farm. I mean AMAZING. It's the kind of thing I could easily use up in two days because I can't think of a single thing it wouldn't be amazing on as a finishing sauce.

Sunday was all about pink funfetti pancakes and a trip to the toy store in honor of P. staying dry overnight for a whole week! I am going to be so happy when pull-ups are a thing of the past - which they may be soon. *crosses fingers* Then we went to the garden shop where we bought too many impulse plants and bunches of yard supplies because I am not going to just let things go like we did last year. That meant we totally spaced on the Big Mike's Bikes grand opening gala party cakefest - so to make up for that, if you're in Gloucester, go buy like a hundred bikes, okay?

So that was my weekend - how was yours?

P.S. - Y'all would not believe how excited I am that Stephanie from Urban Flowerpot is the first-ever Featured Mom at the Mom Meet Mom blog today! Her story is intense!

P.P.S. - Pediatrician appointment this morning... Bo, a snapshot at 6 months: 14 lbs, which puts him in the third percentile for weight, but otherwise all good. Since he has never taken a bottle (save for that one time) we've been advised to move straight to sippies if we need to get milk into him in some way other than straight from the, ahem, source. And because his percentile has dipped, it's suggested that we push food a bit more versus letting Bo take the (slow) lead. I guess the mister and I just make our babies tiny, huh.

8 comments:

  1. That is exactly how Evan ditched pull-ups - he woke up dry a whole week and that was the end. I think it was just a growing-a-big-enough-bladder thing. Once that happened, he was good! And it is soooooo great to be done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read somewhere that it's like a switch that goes on and you can't force it. Something about a hormone or brain process that stops them peeing in their sleep. But now I'm wondering if I just made it up!

      Delete
  2. Awwwwww thank you for the love!

    I'm right there with you on the camera sitch. Our point and shoot clicks so slowly and often has a bright (BRIGHT) glowing aura over the whole print. The DSLR actually survived the fire but has soot damage so isn't reliable...and I openly hate it.

    ::high-five-phone-shots::

    ReplyDelete
  3. A broken camera is my worst nightmare! The phone does ok in a pinch, though. So about the six month appointment. Both my kids dropped off their curves between months 4 and 6, for various reasons. She got distracted and was too mellow to cry about still being hungry. He never took a bottle..they both gained a lot by the 9 month appointment. He still hasn't taken a bottle but he's 10 months now and chugs from a sippy cup and eats hot dogs and sausages and yogurts and ravioli and lots of good things! And nursing, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's a good eater :) I think at 10 months P. was still not that interested in food but she was getting there. Of course, at 4 years she's still not that interested in food... except dessert! It'll be interesting to see how Bo differs in his approach to eating.

      Delete
  4. You may make tiny babies, but they are darn cute tiny babies! And my 2 cents about potty training as an old broad whose last baby is 29, is that when they're ready, they're ready, and there's no use in trying to hurry or push them. I'm so glad that the days are gone when you HAD to start potty training at 1 year! Can you imagine.....no, you probably can't, but it used to be that way, and it really was barbaric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really can't! It would feel like trying to get a baby to, I don't know, read maybe? Something just not quite developmentally right! I'm glad that's not standard any more, for sure!

      Delete

Show me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...